Happy Valentine's Day

>> Sunday, February 15, 2009


The pic above is a japanese rice crackers for Valentine....


I had a happy Valentine's day today :) My boyfriend, Paul put pretty roses in a vase on a table for me to find when I wake up this morning. He also took me to a nice restaurant in a hotel for dinner. I got excited when I heard he already made a reservation for Harrison Hot Spring Resort! He said he tried to reserve for Valentine's day few weeks ago but its full. We go in 2 weeks but no matter. I am glad that he knows I miss Hot spring so much. The hot spring probably not be very alike Japanese one though, I am looking forward to having a north american style hot spring for the first time!


I am often told that I am not very romantic. I told him that he doesn't need to spend much money (we are saving up money for moving to Japan this year) or be stressed out forValentine's day. I don't mind as long as he doesn't forget to give me flowers, but he gave me more then that ;) I feel bit guilty I didn't do anything for him today. I am going to bake a chocolate cake tomorrow though (I didn't have chance to get ingredients) I promised with him I will give him good treat next Valentine in japan!


In my country, Valentine is the day that girls give chocolates to guys. Couples go dating but guys normally don't need to give their girl friends anything. Girls give chocolates to favorite boy friends, male co-workers and fathers. It sounds easier for guys? but Japanese guys actually stressed out on Valentine's day. They are scared if they can get any chocolate or not. They are scared to find if they are popular among girls or not.


The day is also good opportunity for girls to ask guys out and guys are suppose to answer if he can be her boy friend on March 14. The day on March 14 is called ''White Day". If you are a guy and got any chocolates on Valentine's day, you got to give something back to the girls, including your girl friend. not chocolate but something else bit more worth then what you got from them! so this is not so good for guy either. To me, I prefer the Western style Valentine to the Japanese style of course! :) Japanese guys usually don't buy flowers for girl friends anyways.


I hear that in Korea, they have White Day too and there is the day that people don't have partners yet get together and have party on April 14. They call the day "Black Day". One of my Korean friends says Black Day is the last chance to find a partner for people who didn't have any romantic happenings on Valentine's Day and White Day. I think this is very good idea, isn't it?

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP